Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Gacku-Ki-Ki

Gacku-Ki-Ki (ga-koo-key-key)- a new addition to the Cornell language, perhaps unknown even to Nate's immediate family, Gacku-ki-ki is a word often used for vacuum cleaner. It was originally developed by Meg's brother Nathan. A gifted and extrordinary child, Nate learned Cornellism far earlier than his peers, creating new words not long after his first birthday.
Example: "Oh man, I spilled some crumbs. Don't worry, Roomba will get it. Who's Roomba? Oh, he's our gacku-ki-ki."



Today's post includes pictures of our new nursery. Since finishing Grad school in late April, I've slowly been coverting our main floor office into the new baby's room. Much to Meg's joy, the room is nearly complete. We're currently waiting for the arrival of our dresser and crib, due in about the same time as the baby.

To get the room ready we had the floor sanded and refinished, we painted the walls, ceiling, trim, and doors, added some crown molding, and packed the room full of sheep themed accessories!
Here's how it looked when I first took out the office furniture. Notice how dark the floor is. The dark colored walls required lots of high-hiding primer!





The priming is done. Nate looks tired...



Real men don't use tape?????







Look at the floor now!





Now if only the baby had somewhere to sleep....


2 comments:

Vweele/Cornells said...

The nursery looks great! I notice the lack of TMF (Cornellism)...how unCornell of you. New trend???

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
Meggo, your belly is beautiful... how're you feeling? Also, the room looks great. Baby is going to love it. Also, I thought of another Cornellism this morning: Laundry Purgatory. That one has real resonance for me as I folded 7loads today. :)
Jana