Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Welcome to Cornellisms!

Welcome to Cornellisms, a blog created to celebrate the lives of Meg and Nate and their family, and to explain the wacky language we will pass down to them from their aunts, uncles, parents and grandparents.

While the original Cornell language was developed through the upbringing of Nate and his siblings, the vernacular has evolved and new words have been added as Meg and her family joined in.

Cornellisms are substitutes for standard English words. While we believe most to be improvements, many might find them strange or peculiar. If nothing less, the words are certainly catchy, as Meg and I have found many of our friends using these words in normal conversation. - Success!

Please enjoy the blog, we'll do our best to keep it up to date. If you think of a Cornellism you'd like to share, feel free to post it for others to enjoy.

Thanks,
Love Nate and Meg

3 comments:

Mama&Papakins said...

When our kids were babies, the only one who wanted a pacifier was Taryn. Back then, we called her pacifier her "pipe," but she called it her "pop." Taryn left her own Cornellism in the dust, as Elise doesn't have a "pop," but she is very attached to her "binkie." So... what will baby Cornell be calling his or her pacifier? To quote toddler Taryn, "...but I need my pop."

Anonymous said...

When I was growing up my favorite and time honored Cornellism was the the word "hungarian". This word is used in the place of the english word hungry. For example,on car trips I used to say I was so hungarian I could eat a horse. I said this, because on the driving days of any traditional Cornell family trip, we would only eat breakfast and dinner. we had some snacks along but I was usually very hungarian by dinner time.

Mama&Papakins said...

Elise has just started to call her "binkie," her "nana." So, now you have another choice.